Amid her busy schedule filming and promoting her last movie and working on new music, singer, actress, and entrepreneur Lady Gaga was able to squeeze in a personal project. That is, revamping her beauty brand Haus Labs and testing and retesting the 90 products under seven categories.
Haus Labs, now online
On June 9, Lady Gaga held an event in a Sephora branch in Los Angeles, California, where she officially announced the relaunch of her beauty brand. First launched in 2019 as an exclusive in the Amazon store, Haus Labs by Lady Gaga is now available online through the Haus Labs website and select Sephora branches in the US and Canada.
Look what I just dropped at @sephora! @hauslabs MAKEUP IS OFFICIALLY in select stores and online. IN CASE YOU’RE WONDERING WHERE TO LOOK IT’S THE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE A RAINBOW BECAUSE I MADE IT FOR YOU AND YOU’RE MY RAINBOW 🌈 https://t.co/lfX4GLwMiF https://t.co/Q9BJpKOnU4 pic.twitter.com/uYXcjSlpIF
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) June 9, 2022
Why did Lady Gaga relaunch the brand?
“I was not yet an expert in the beauty industry when I first launched Haus Labs,” the singer-actress said in an interview with Elle. Lady Gaga said that she knew her way around her stage, red carpet, and fashion makeup. But she realized that regular people don’t actually wear her version of stage, red carpet, and fashion makeup, and that she herself has changed in what she wants in her makeup.
25+ Supercharged Skincare Ingredients.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) June 9, 2022
So she refashioned her own beauty brand and turned it into what she herself would use and what she believes other consumers would, too. “I did not want it to be about me, or my stage makeup or my red carpet makeup necessarily, even though I have worn these products on stage and red carpets,” she told Allure. “I wanted this makeup to be unlike any other makeup that’s out there and makeup for everyone. So this is supercharged makeup with supercharged ingredients. It’s infused with skin care.”
‘Supercharged clean artistry powered by innovation’
Most black pigmented makeup products like eyeliner are loaded with carbon black – which can be bad for the skin, body and planet. Proudly, our black eyeliners and black paints are CARBON BLACK-FREE and rich in color @hauslabs
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) June 2, 2022
The products of Haus Labs are described as “clean” makeup, which essentially means that they don’t use harmful ingredients, such as sulfates, parabens, phthalates, and formaldehyde.
Lady Gaga and her team also worked on incorporating skincare ingredients in the products: “All of the products are infused with skincare ingredients, some of which are proprietary to our lab. We’ve also removed 2,600 dirty ingredients. So you’re getting that high performance and high pigment payoff. You’re also getting makeup that makes a difference in your skin.”
On top of these, Haus Labs also uses nonplastic and post-consumer recycled materials for their packaging. They are also aiming to be 100% carbon neutral in five years or less.
Where to shop
• Lip oils and full-coverage crayons packed with bold color and hydration.
• Eye, face, and body paints that take clean artistry and creativity to the next level.
— Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) May 31, 2022
Upon its relaunch, the beauty brand dropped 90 new products under seven categories.
- Hy-Power Pigment Paint — all-over pigment paints, available in 20 shades (11 full coverage mattes, 9 sheer shimmers) — PHP 1,400 / USD 24
- Optic Intensity Eco Eyeliner — available in 18 shades (13 mattes, 5 shimmers) — PHP 1,300 / USD 22
- The Edge Precision Brow Pencil — available in 13 longwear shades — PHP 1,300 / USD $22
- Le Monster Lip Crayon — available in 13 shades (12 demi-mattes, 1 shimmer) — PHP 1,300 / USD 22
- PHD Hybrid Lip Oil — sheer lip oil, available in 4 shades (3 pH powered shades, 1 clear) — PHP 1,400 / USD 24
- Bio-Radiant Gel-Powder Highlighters — available in 10 soft-focus shades — PHP 2,350 / USD 40
- Power Sculpt Velvet Bronzer — gel powder bronzers, available in 12 innovative shades — PHP 2,200 / USD 38
You can shop now through the Haus Lab website: hauslab.com. The website automatically converts Direct shipping to the Philippines is available, with free shipping for orders over PHP 4,168.91 (or about USD 70).