Are you travelling overseas anytime soon? You should check if your destination country requires you to present an International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV) or the so-called yellow card. If your destination country needs to see it, you should get yours ASAP. Here’s everything you need to know about the yellow card:
What is a yellow card?
The yellow card, officially known as the International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV), is a temporary, government-issued document that serves as a proof that a traveler has been fully vaccinated against certain illnesses, such as COVID-19, in the Philippines.
Primarily used for international travel, the ICV is recognized as a valid document by member countries of the World Health Organization (WHO).
Who can apply for a yellow card?
The Department of Health (DOH) and the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) are only issuing ICVs for those who have been fully vaccinated in the Philippines. They are unable to issue an ICV for those who got their first dose or both doses abroad.
When do you need a yellow card?
If you’re traveling abroad, you’d need an ICV if the country you’re going to requires it. The ICV does not serve as an “immunity passport” but is the only proof of vaccination widely accepted around the world.
The ICV is not mandatory for all countries, but you should check the entry requirements of your destination country to see if it is required.
What details does a yellow card contain?
- traveler’s personal information (including name, date of birth, passport number, etc.)
- the vaccine or prophylaxis administered
- the date the vaccine was administered
- the manufacturer batch number of the vaccine
- the certificate of validity
- the official stamp of the administering center (in the Philippines’ case, DOH or BOQ)
- the supervising physician’s signature and professional status
- a unique QR code
What are the required documents to apply for a yellow card?
The following documents must be uploaded to the website of the BOQ:
- Valid government ID
- Vaccination card
How much is a yellow card?
You need to pay a total fee of PHP 370 to be able to request your ICV. The yellow card costs PHP 300 with an additional PHP 70 as a convenience fee.
How can you get a yellow card?
Most of the steps to get an ICV are done online. You just need to visit the onsite location once. Simply follow the steps below to start the process:
- Prepare the required documents (see above).
- Log on to the Bureau of Quarantine Online Booking System.
- Choose your location.
- Enter your email address.
- Select the service you need, which in this case is the “International Certification of Vaccine for COVID-19.”
- Choose your preferred date and time on the calendar.
- Enter your personal information, including travel and contact details.
- Submit the required documents by uploading photos or scanned versions.
- Pay the fee.
- Make sure to save a copy of your receipt with the reference number.
- On the day of your scheduled appointment, bring your required documents and present your reference number at the venue.
Where can you get a yellow card?
You can request and pick up your ICV through these BOQ offices:
- BOQ Port Area, Manila
- BOQ SM Mall of Asia Satellite Office
- BOQ SM North Edsa Satellite Office (issuance of COVID-19 ICV only)
- BOQ Batangas
- BOQ Subic
- BOQ La Union
- BOQ Laoag
- BOQ Cebu
- BOQ Davao
- BOQ Cagayan de Oro
- BOQ Tabaco
More satellite offices are set to be added in the future.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tiktok, and Youtube for the l8est entertaining, useful, and informative lists!