By Abu Poblete
For those who aren’t familiar with the 80s, Richard Marx’s music should make for the perfect introduction. As someone who consistently produces hits that are always inspired by heartbreak, Marx is the epitome of LSS–regardless of what decade you were born in. In general, his ratio of sad songs to happy ones is seriously unbalanced, but we don’t mind because the guy is the master of throwing you one-two punches to gut. He’s the unofficial soundtrack to all the times you feel like love and life are super mean to you.
Thankfully, the singer/songwriter will grace us with his presence on March 12 at the Kia Theatre in Araneta Center. A night that will surely bring you back to either the cringeworthy or happiest moments in your love life, here are 8 Richard Marx songs that will get you right here waiting for the concert.
8. When you had this as your graduation song
And all the high school feels come back when you listen to it.
7. When an old flame comes back into your life
And you just can’t help but let them back in.
6. When your bae suddenly breaks up with you for reasons unknown
“It’s not you, it’s me,” daw.
5. When you know you’ve found the one
And you know you found the perfect wedding song.
4. When moving on is the hardest thing to do
Come to think of it, none of Richard Marx’s songs were helpful to your “moving on” project.
3. When you suddenly miss an ex
You really just can’t help it sometimes.
2. When you fall for someone who’s not your bae
And all you have to say for yourself is, “oh no.”
1. When you’re in a long-distance relationship
Hopefully, you’re already done waiting.
Are you ready to hold on to your night with Richard Marx? Share your favorite songs in the comments below!