8 Questions about
the Fallen 44
We Still Need Answers for
By Tim Henares
It’s been over a year since the fateful (“mis”)encounter in Mamasapano resulted in the death of notorious terrorist Marwan, at the cost of 44 lives from our Special Armed Forces—a pyrrhic victory, if there ever was one.
At the insistence of Senator Enrile, the probe into the Mamasapano clash is being reopened, and there are a lot of questions we feel still need answering. These are questions that we truly feel can no longer go unasked.
8. Why was Purisima there?!?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “We admit it—PNoy really is a good friend, and Purisima is his friend. There will be consequences for this kind of behavior.”
7. Who are we supposed to be going after for this?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “Once we find out who is to blame for committing this massacre, justice will be swift in honor of our fallen men.”
6. Does this set a precedent for more impunity?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “No. Hell, no.”
5. Will we properly honor the Fallen 44?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “Sooner than you think.”
4. Will we really have to put up with a Fallen 44 movie from ER Ejercito soon?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “ER Ejercito is an idiot. Hell, no.”
3. What implications does this have on future operations against terrorists?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “Never again.”
2. Is this probe for sale?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “No deal whatsoever. We are seeing this probe through.”
1. Is the President to blame?
The Answer We Hope to Hear: “We will exhaust everything in our power to find out, because nobody is above the law.”
Got anything to add? Share your thoughts in the comments!