With the recent influx of cat-loving personalities and hipster kitty cafes, the number of people getting their hands on a “ming-ming” within this once exclusively dog-loving country has grown exponentially. Thanks to Taylor Swift, having a resident feline in your household is now deemed to be cool.
What most “self-proclaimed” cat owners don’t see is that they never really gain full ownership of the cat… because the truth of the matter is that your Cat actually owns you. Don’t believe me (and even as you’re reading this, still tending to your kitty’s every beck and call)? Here are some sure-fire signs that your cat has claimed ownership over you!
8. The cat nuzzles its person on your calves & legs
7. You can only touch the cat when he/she feels like it
6. The cat watches your every move (especially when you’re asleep)
5. The cat is your perpetual chaperone to the john
4. Your body is a blank canvas for claw/teeth-related battle scars
3. By extension, the cat owns your head pillow
2. The cat allows you to eat only after they’ve taste-tested it first
1. The cat pets you (not the other way around)
Have you noticed any tell-tail signs that your cat owns you and everything you are? Share them with us in the comments!