8 Things People Need to Stop Saying to New Moms
Regardless of the mythical breed of women who make pregnancy and childbirth look like a walk in the park, the transition from being a woman to being a mother is a rough one. Sure, we got nine months to prepare, but those nine months are spent growing another human being inside of us—any spare moment was spent worrying about our diet, what else we needed to prepare, and stressing out about having to push said child out of our ladyparts.
Once said pushing is over and done with, moms don’t get much time to bask in the glow of their newfound parenthood. While the people around us may mean well, there are a few things that are incredibly annoying, especially in our hormonal state. Things like….
8. “Lalaki ba sya o babae?”
7. “Gets ko struggle mo girl, we just got a new pet last month!”
6. “Just sleep when they sleep!”
5. “Aww, sobrang guapo/ganda nya! Magiging heartbreaker yan pagtanda nya!”
4. “Kamukhang kamukha nya daddy nya!”
3. “Are you breastfeeding?”
2. “I had such a long day at work.”
1. “Kailan nyo bibigyan ng kapatid?”
What are you sick of hearing as a new mom? Share your thoughts in the comments below!