The number of confirmed COVID-19 cases is still increasing at an alarming rate. As of writing, there are 53 confirmed cases, 5 of whom have already died. Due to this, Metro Manila is facing an impending lockdown starting March 15. Many are flocking to grocery stores to stock up on food and most especially items for hygiene like alcohol, soaps, and sanitizers.
The DOH highlights the importance of staying indoors and practice social distancing so braving through long lines in stores could increase the risk of contracting the virus. Fortunately, you can now buy groceries without having to leave your home through these online applications and sites:
These stores offer food and non-food options usually found at home, from meat and vegetables to miscellaneous household items like soaps, alcohol, etc:
- MetroMart – Services several stores, including Robinsons Supermarket, S&R, Pet Express, Watsons, Family Mart, etc.
- LazMart – Found inside the Lazada app; Convenient, but excludes fresh and frozen goods
- WalterMart Delivery
- PushKart – Partners with several supermarkets like Fisher Supermarket, Ever Supermarket, Ultra Mega Supermarket, etc.
- PhilGrocer – Delivers food and non-food items nationwide
- Marketa – For food products from local small and medium enterprises that are new to the market
These stores offer organic produce, all-natural and grass-fed meats, premium deli items, and dairy products that are sourced from different local farmers all over the country:
These stores offer different lean meat, poultry, and fish options:
- Pacific Bay – Seafood and poultry
- Rare Food Shop – Meat and seafood
- Tender Bites – Meat
- Limon Farms – Organic chicken, pork, and eggs
- Kitamaya Meatshop – Premium wagyu beef cuts
- Fishmonger’s Daily Catch – Wild-caught fish and seafood
- Monterey – Beef, pork, marinated meats, and poultry
These stores offer non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages:
- Coke Beverages – Non-alcoholic drinks like water (Wilkins & Viva) and other brands (Coke, Sprite, Royal, Minute Maid, Nutriboost, etc.)
- Boozy – Alchohol, Mixers, and some snacks
- Drinkka – Beer, Wine, Liquor, Tea & Coffee, Soda, Juices, etc.
- Alak PH – Beer, Gin, Brandy, Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, Wine, etc.
These stores offer ready-to-cook meals:
- Mr. Delicious – Cured & smoked meats and everyday foods (Paella, Caldereta, etc.)
- Meals PH – Frozen food like sausages, tapa, roast, etc.
Vegetables and Fruit
These stores offer fresh vegetables and fruits delivered straight from farms:
- The Murang Gulay Shop – Vegetables and fruits
- Session Groceries – Download the app here: iOS and Android.
- Bukid Fresh – Vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, etc. They also offer “bayong” options for cooking Filipino dishes like Sinigang and Bulalo
- The Veggie Drop-Off – Vegetables from Benguet; all proceeds go to them!
- Crate2Plate – Vegetables and fruits
- Hi Fred – Vegetables, fruits, Precooked Meals
- Fresh Produce – Vegetables and fruits
These stores offer medicine from basic to antibiotics, and most especially immunity-boosting vitamins:
REMINDER: STAY INDOORS AS MUCH AS YOU CAN
Avoid going out, especially to crowded areas. After receiving your orders, wash and sanitize your hands. Stay safe!
Have you tried other services offering grocery delivery? Share them below!